Youth electrocuted while fishing in Mugu

Published On: June 10, 2023 08:13 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

MUGU, June 10: A youth has been electrocuted while fishing in the river using electricity. 

Sanjay Bam, 22, a resident of Chhayannath Rara Municipality, died on Friday due to electrocution while using electricity to catch fish in Ghate river located in the municipality. 

Bam, who had gone fishing in the river with a battery and a 12-volt inverter, was rushed to District Hospital Mugu by his friends after he was hit by the electric shock. He died shortly after he was admitted to the hospital, said Deputy Superintendent of Police at District Police Office Mahesh Basnet. 

The use of electricity for fishing in the Karnali River and its tributaries has been increasing in recent years. This has claimed the lives of many people each year.


Leave A Comment