RAUTAHAT, April 28: Two more persons have contracted the novel coronavirus, taking the number of total reported COVID-19 cases in the country to 54.
According to Dr Ram Prasad Ghimire, secretary at the Province 2 Ministry of Social Development, swab samples of these two men have tested positive for the disease at the Kathmandu-based National Public Health Laboratory. “Earlier, the PCR test conducted in Janakpur was reported negative,” Ghimire further added.
A 24-year-old male from Brindaban Municipality-9, Bhusaha, and another 35-year-old man from Devahi Gonahi Municipality-1 of Rautahat district have been diagnosed with the deadly virus on Tuesday.
The first man was discharged earlier on April 18 after staying in quarantine for 15 days. After his reports came positive for Kathmandu lab, it is learnt that the whole village is being sealed shortly.
The other man, however, is still in quarantine. “He will be soon sent to the Birgunj-based hospital,” said Nagendra Prasad Kushwaha, health coordinator of Devahi Gonahi Municipality.
Chief District Officer of Rautahat, Basudev Ghimire, however, said that they have not been informed yet about the recent confirmation. “However, we are preparing to seal both the places,” he added.
Of the total 54 reported cases of the virl disease, 16 have recovered so far. No death has been reported yet.