Wednesday, 21 April 2021 07:45 AM
May 1, 2017 11:22 AM NPT
TAPLEJUNG, May 1: A house was gutted in fire sparked by a lightning at Khokling area of Mikhwakhola Village Council – 1, Talejung on Sunday evening.
The house belonging to Gyan Bahadur Sherpa was reduced to ashes in the fire, local Laxmi Khatiwada said. The lightning has slightly injured one Pasang Sherpa.
Millions have been lost in the fire which engulfed the three storey-building, Red Cross Branch Khokling Chair, Jharendra Thapa said.
10 – year – old killed while playing with explosives
Meanwhile, a child was killed when explosives were filled inside an umbrella's stem and set on fire at Aathrai Triveni Village Council – 1.
The deceased has been identified as 10 – year – old Milan Tamang, son of Sukbir Tamang, according to Deputy Superintendent of Police, Ram Bahadur KC.
The incident occurred on Saturday evening but only came to light on Sunday when Milan's school friend found him lying unconscious.
Milan's other friend with whom he set the explosives on fire reportedly fled after he sustained injuries and fell.
Milan died while the villagers were rushing him to District Hospital Taplejung. His body is being kept at the hospital for an autopsy. RSS
POKHARA, Sept 5: A house caught fire when residents tried to set fire to a hornet nest last night at...
POKHARA, September 5: A house caught fire when residents tried to set fire to a hornet nest last night at...
ITAHARI, June 11 : Properties worth Rs 25 million plus gutted in a fire that occurred last night in the...