ITAHARI, Dec 7: A fire broke out at a foam factory at Duhabi Bhaluwa Municipality-4 in Sunsari district on Tuesday evening, injuring three laborers and destroying property worth around Rs 200 million.
The fire was ignited by the LPG gas leakage and spread within the factory in no time after the gas cylinders in the factory started exploding one after another, according to the factory proprietor Manish Agrawal.
According to Agrawal, three labourers sustained injuries in the stampede following the explosion and blaze.
Injured Amrit Shrestha, Dilip Chaudhary and Raju Yadav are receiving treatment at the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health Science, said Police Inspector Shiva Pokharel at the Area Police Office, Duhabi Bhaluwa Municipality.
The fire has reduced all the raw materials and equipments to ashes, shared Agrawal.
Fire brigades from Itahari, Dharan, Biratnagar, Damak and Rajbiraj were pressed into service to douse the blaze. The dire was pit out by 2 pm, police said. RSS