KATHMANDU, July 22: Although the government has decided to lift the nationwide lockdown enforced earlier to contain the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) effective from Tuesday midnight, a number of businesses and services including hotels, restaurants, trekking, travel, and mountaineering are allowed to resume their operation only from July 30.
Long-distance public transportation services, domestic and international flights, training sessions and preliminary stages of international games, student admission, academic and other examinations are also allowed only from August 17.
The government has decided to continue enforcing the restriction measures in the following nine services until further notice to curb possible spread of the COVID-19:
1. Educational institutions (Schools, colleges, tuition centers and training centers)
2. Conferences, seminars and trainings of all types
3. All types of demonstrations, assemblies and gatherings
4. Recreation centers including cinema halls, party palaces and dance bars
5. Saloons and beauty parlors
6. Gym centers and all other health clubs
7. Group sports and all the performances in grounds and stadiums