Smart lamps  installed along Koteshwor-Suryabinayak road section

Published On: September 27, 2022 06:00 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Sept 27: Smart street lamps have been installed along the Koteshwor-Suryabinayak road section in Bhaktapur. The electrification was carried out by the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) as per its goal of illuminated towns. 

Lamps of 120 watt capacity each have been fixed on the median strips/ traffic islands and the NEA undertook this under its Social Responsibility rule. 

The installation of around 450 lamps has made the route illuminated.  The three local governments - Kathmandu Metropolis, Madhyapur Thimi Municipality and Bhaktapur Municipality - are bound to pay the electricity tariff of power to be consumed in their respective areas. 

NEA Managing Director Kulman Ghising said the installation of smart lamps aims to make night travel safe and enhance urban beauty.  

In case of some localities, the respective local governments contribute 60 percent and the remaining 40 percent is borne by the NEA to place smart lamps.



Leave A Comment