Property worth Rs 20 m destroyed as fire breaks out in Itahari

Published On: November 7, 2018 05:52 PM NPT By: Amar Khadka

ITAHARI, Nov 7: Property worth over Rs 20 million was reduced to ashes after a fire broke out in the market place in Sunsari district on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire started in televisions and refrigerators showroom belonging to Rekha Parajuli in Itahari Sub Metropolitan City before it spread to the house owned by Ganesh Luitel.  

According to DSP Shiva Shrestha of Area Police Office, Itahari, the fire was caused due to short-circuit in the showroom of electronic items on the first floor of the four-story building and that it eventually destroyed the other goods on the second and third floor.

"The fire started due to short-circuit at the rear part of the first floor while making preparations for Laxmi Pooja," said Ishwari. The fire gradually spread to the second and third floor and destroyed all the electric goods.

The fire was contained by police and Nepal Army personnel at 3:15 pm with the help of fire-fighters brought from Dubahi, Dharan, Inaruwa, Sundar Haraincha and Biratnagar.


Leave A Comment