JANAKPUR, June 20: Property worth millions gutted in a massive fire that broke out at Govinda Sweet Shop in Janakpur sub-metropolitan city on Thursday morning.
An electric short circuit sparked the fire at around 3 am and destroyed the sweet shop and quickly spread to two other shops, according to Superintendent of Police at Dhanusha District Police, Sekhar Khanal.
Eight LPG gas cylinders exploded during the fire, causing further damages. Security agencies and local residents doused the fire after two hours. Two fire engines from the Janakpur sub-metropolitan city and another brought from Mahendranagar area were used to douse the fire.
No human causality has been reported so far. Local resident Ram Yadav estimated that property worth around Rs 10 million was destroyed in the fire. The District Police is launching probe into the fire accident.