January 29, 2020 10:46 AM NPT
BAGLUNG, Jan 29: A fire broke out in the Ghumte cotton factory in Hatiya Bazaar of Galkot municipality-3, Baglung. Property worth 2 million rupees was gutted in the fire that reportedly took place as a result of a short circuit, police said.
A motorcycle (Dha. 1 Pa. 1325) parked inside the premises of the factory was also damaged in the fire. The machine and raw materials were destroyed, Sub-inspector at the police post in Hatiya Anup KC Chettri said.
Locals worked together with police personnel to bring the fire under control. The cotton factory was owned by Shiva Acharya, a resident of Galkot municipality-6