Published On: June 22, 2021 11:48 AM NPT By: Kunga Hyolmo
KATHMANDU, June 22: The district administration offices in the Kathmandu Valley – Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur -- have eased the prohibitory orders enforced to contain the second wave of the coronavirus from Tuesday.
Private vehicles are now allowed to ply the roads on the basis of the odd-even rule. Likewise, certain businesses are allowed to remain open on certain days.
The recent prohibitory orders will be in place till the midnight of June 28, 2021.
Light vehicles such as cars, jeeps and vans are not allowed to carry more than four persons while taxis can carry three.
With the government decision to allow private vehicles to ply the road according to the odd-even rule, ride sharing businesses have also resumed their services from today.
Here are new rules that will be effective during this period:
* Grocery stores, dairy, fruits and vegetables shops , meat shops, sports shops and stationery to remain open until 11 AM
* Departmental stores, shopping malls, clothing stores, cosmetics, tailor shops to remain open between 11 AM and 4 PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
* Jewellery shops, kitchen utensil stores, electronic stores, automobile showrooms and spare parts shops, mobile and computer shops to remain open between 11 AM and 4 PM on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
* Hardware stores, electric stores, and construction material stores to remain open between 11 AM to 6 PM everyday
* Online services, takeaway and home delivery services to remain open until 7 PM everyday
* Automobile workshops to remain open until 7 PM everyday
* Pharmacies to remain open 24/7
Leave A Comment