PAANCHTHAR, July 30: One person has died after consuming wild mushroom curry while another person was taken ill in Falgunanda rural municipality on Tuesday. The deceased has been identified as Sunita Chemjong.
Sunita's mother-in-law Santa Maya Chemjong is undergoing treatment. Both had consumed curry made out of mushrooms collected from the nearby jungle on July 23. Soon after they fell ill and were rushed to the hospital. Sunita died during treatment at Biratnagar nursing home, while Santamaya is responding to treatment at the Manmohan Hospital in Birtamode, Jhapa, according to the ward chair Abindra Chemjong.