NDDB recommends to govt to increase price of processed milk by Rs 10 per liter

Published On: January 12, 2022 06:45 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, Jan 12: The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has recommended to the government to increase the price of processed milk by Rs 10 per liter, citing the need for benefits for the milk-producing farmers.

According to the NDDB, it has sent the proposal to the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development for the final approval. Provided it receives government approval in its present form, the price of milk will reach Rs 86 per liter from the existing Rs 76 per liter.

In the recommendation, the board has proposed providing 70 percent of the hiked price to the farmers while the rest of 30 percent will go to the dairy firms. Last time, the state-owned Dairy Development Corporation hiked the price of processed milk in September 2019.  


Leave A Comment