5 persons fall ill due to wild mushroom in Nuwakot

Published On: May 26, 2017 02:58 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

NUWAKOT, May 26: Five persons were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom at Meghang-3 in Nuwakot district on Thursday night. 

They are Bir Bahadur Tamang, his wife Sumitra Tamang and their son Kamal Thamang of Deurali in Meghang-3, said Assistant Sub-Inspector at Deurali Police Post, Dhananjaya Mishra. 

Similarly, Bir Bahadur's neighbour Sukumaya Tamang and her granddaughter Chandani Tamang were also taken ill.

Of them, condition of Bir Bhadur, Sumitra and Sukumaya was critical and they have been referred to Kathmandu-based Green City Hospital from Trishuli District Hospital this morning. 

They were taken ill after they consumed the curry of the mushroom brought from jungle. They started developing different symptoms including headache, vomiting and falling unconscious soon after consuming the mushroom curry. RSS 

Leave A Comment