Fire rips through Ganga Plaza in Ratnanagar

Published On: February 1, 2017 11:29 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

CHITWAN, Feb 1: A fire ripped through the Ganga Plaza based at Ratnanagar of Chitwan last night inflicting damages estimated at around Rs 4 million. 

The fire broke out at 9:15 pm and quickly spread to Baby Store including other fancy stores within the complex, said District Police Office, Chitwan. The fire was extinguished at around 10:30 pm. 

The fire gutted clothes, furniture and shoes and other items when it spread to the inner stores within the complex located at Sauraha Chowk in Ratnanagar – 1. The police estimate the damages incurred could range from Rs 3.5 to 4 million. 

Police believe the fire could have started from an electrical short-circuit. Human casualties have not been reported. The fire was tamed with help from fire engines dispatched from Bharatpur, police and the local residents. RSS 

Leave A Comment