JANAKPURDHAM, Dec 8: A fire broke out in an electronic shop in Kshireshwarnath Municipality-5, Mahendranagar Bazaar, on Wednesday night.
Bechan Yadav, Police Inspector of the Area Police Office, Mahendranagar, said that property worth three million was destroyed in the fire which broke out at Hira Electronic Shop in Amar Chowk, Mahendranagar.
The fire was brought under control around 3AM on Thursday with the help of the fire brigade, police and locals of Mithila Municipality. It is assumed that the fire was caused by an electrical short-circuit.
According to the police, the store's refrigerator, rice cooker, fan, gas stove and other items were destroyed in the fire.