Fire breaks out at Radio Narayani, transmission interrupted

Published On: January 16, 2017 09:37 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

CHITWAN, Jan 16: A fire broke out at the 'Radio Narayani', a community radio station based in Bharatpur of Chitwan. 

The fire broke out from an electrical short circuit at 8 pm last night, radio owner Govinda Devkota said. 

He added that the fire has damaged radio station's UPS battery set, converter, transmitter among other equipment. The damage estimate is yet to be made, according to the radio. 

The radio transmission was interrupted since last night following the incident. A fire engine was dispatched to take the fire under control and prevent further damages. RSS 

Leave A Comment