Published On: October 14, 2019 07:43 AM NPT By: Republica | @RepublicaNepal
KATHMANDU, Oct 14: Chinese President Xi Jinping has said that anyone attempting to split China will be ruined.
During his meeting with Prime Minister KP Oli on Sunday, President Xi said that any attempt by external forces to split China will be regarded as just a wishful thinking by the Chinese people, according to press statement released by Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The statement, however, does not name which external forces were attempting to split China.
President Xi, according to the statement, said that China appreciates Nepal’s firm adherence to the One-China policy and its firm support to China on issues involving China’s core interest. “No matter what happens to external situation, the friendly policy of Nepal toward China will not change and the direction of friendly development of Nepal-China relations will not change,” Prime Minister Oli assured during the meeting.
Prime Minister Oli, according to the statement, further said that Nepal resolutely opposes and will never allow any forces to use its territory to engage in anti-China separatist activities. While appreciating China for not interfering in each other’s internal affairs, Prime Minister Oli said that Xi’s visit had drawn a new blueprint for Nepal-China relations.
During the meeting, Prime Minister Oli had also said that Nepal looks forward to working with China to build a three-dimensional interconnection network across the Himalayas. “We welcome more Chinese tourists to visit Nepal and welcome more Chinese companies to invest in Nepal,” the statement quoted the prime minister as saying.
President Xi had also held a one-on-one with ruling Nepal Communist Party (NCP) Chairman Pushpa Kamal Dahal and a joint meeting with the NCP Secretariat members on Sunday. He had held meetings with Nepali Congress (NC) President Sher Bahadur Deuba and Chairman of National Assembly Ganesh Prasad Timsina on Saturday evening.
List of instruments signed and exchanged between Nepal and China on Sunday
1. Agreement between the Governments of Nepal and the People’s Republic of China on the Boundary Management System
2. MoU between the Governments of Nepal and the People’s Republic of China on the Exchanges and Cooperation on Governance Capacity Building
3. Treaty between Nepal and the People’s Republic of China on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters
4. MoU on Mount Sagarmatha/Zhumulangma Protection Cooperation between Nepal and China
5. MoU on Promoting Key Projects of Investment and Cooperation on Productive Capacity between the National Planning Commission of Nepal and the National Development and Reform Commission of the People’s Republic of China.
6. Exchange of Note for Setting up a Consulate General of Nepal in Chengdu
7. MoU between the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transport of Nepal and the Ministry of Transport of the People’s Republic of China on Feasibility Study of China-Nepal Cross-Border Railway Project.
8. Agreement between Kathmandu Metropolitan City of Nepal and Nanjing City of the People’s Republic of China on the Establishment of Sister-City Relationship.
9. Agreement between Butwal Sub-Metropolitan City of Nepal and Xi’an City of the People’s Republic of China on the Establishment of Sister-City Relationship.
10. MoU on Cooperation on Traditional Medicine between the Ministry of Health and Population of the Government of Nepal and the National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic of China.
11. MoU between the Ministry of Home Affairs of Nepal and the Ministry of Emergency Management of the People’s Republic of China Regarding Cooperation in Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response.
12. MoU on Cooperation between the Supreme People’s Procurator of the People’s Republic of China and Office of the Attorney General of Nepal
13. Agreement between Tribhuvan University of Nepal and Confucius Institute Headquarters of China on the Establishment of Confucius Institute at Tribhuvan University.
14. Protocol of Phytosanitary Requirements for the Export of Citrus Fruits from Nepal to China between Department of Agriculture of the Government of Nepal and General Administration of Customs of the People’s Republic of China.
15. MoU between the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies of the Government of Nepal and the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China on the Establishment of Joint Working Group on Trade
16. Delivery and Acceptance Certificate for the China-Aid Earthquake Monitoring Network Project in Nepal
17. MoU on Establishment of Investment Cooperation Working Group between the Ministry of Finance of Nepal and the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China
18. MoU between the Ministry of Finance of Nepal and China International Development Cooperation Agency on Tunnels Construction Cooperation
19. Exchange of Letter for Border Security Equipment and Office Equipment
20. Minutes of Meeting for Feasibility Investigation of China-Aid Municipal Water Supply Improvement Project in Kathmandu Valley of Nepal
Leave A Comment