Electric short circuit at radio station

Published On: September 8, 2017 02:00 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KHOTANG, September 8: A community-based radio station in Diktel of Khotang district caught fire on Thursday morning due to a short circuit. 

The fire destroyed properties of Radio Rupakot. According to Surya Tamang, manager of the radio station, the fire damaged two UPS battery sets, a dozen of solar inverters and controllers, converters and other equipment worth of Rs 10,000.

A businessman Nawaraj Joshi helped to bring the fire under control which drastically helped to minimize the damage. The quick action helped to prevent the radio's building, 22 dozens of solar panels, 14 dozens of solar batteries, inverter, radio mixer, computers and laptops, and many other tools being damaged. 

According to Tamang, the fire started during the final process of making an uplink in the radio station. He further added that the damage is only estimated, and the actual loss of the radio station has not been ascertained yet.

Leave A Comment