Dhanusha police yet to find evidence in toddler's murder case

Published On: May 9, 2019 04:00 AM NPT

DHANUSHA, May 9: Police have been unable to find any substantial evidence to narrow down the murder case of Aryan Sah, two days after he went missing. The two-and-a-half-year old son of Sambhu Sah of Mithila Rural Municipality-6, who went missing on Monday, was found dead the next day.

DSP Rameshwar Karki of the District Police Office (DPO), Dhanusa informed about the difficulty in uncovering the details of the case. The child went missing from his own residence on Monday evening. He was found with his throat slit the on Tuesday.

“We are investigating the case through various medium,” DSP Karki said. “We have identified the suspects, and they are under detention at the DPO for further investigation, ” he added.

Police also brought a trained dog from Hetauda to help in the investigation. However, the dog's failure to track the murderers has disappointed the victim's family.

As informed by Raj Kumar Mandal, a local, the trained dog was unable to find any clue despite making several rounds of the incident site near to the victim's residence.

The incident is being investigated by the federal police, provincial police, district police, area police and a team with a trained sniffer dog.

Police have arrested three neighbors suspecting their involvement is the incident. Dinesh Mahato and his two sons were taken into custody on Tuesday for investigation.

The victim's family informed police that a teenage boy in the neighbourhood had earlier tried to rape the victim's elder sister two years ago. He was taken to a juvenile center at that time since he was underage. The family suspects his involvement in the murder.

The incident took place when the victim's mother Renu left the boy in the frontyard of their house and went to fetch water nearby on Monday evening. When she returned home, the child was missing. Even after a frantic search with the help of the locals, the child was nowhere to be found.

The next day, the dead body was found 75 meters away from the victim's residence by the child's grandmother Laalmuni Devi with a slit throat. The body was taken to their home before the arrival of police.

Police suspect that the child must have been somewhere else and dumped there as the family members had searched the same place many times on the day he went missing.

The mother has been losing consciousness time and again ever since the incident. She has been administered saline water. The father is in Malaysia for foreign employment.

Leave A Comment