At least 70 injured in gas explosion

Published On: October 26, 2016 04:40 PM NPT By: Republica


HETAUDA, Oct 26: At least 70 people were injured in a fire caused by an explosion of a cooking gas cylinder at a hotel situated in the ground floor of a government office building at Hetauda Municipality-5, this afternoon. 

The blaze was caused by the blast of a gas cylinder at a hotel based on the ground floor of the Survey Office, Makwanpur at around 2:30 pm. At least 70 people including office employees sustained burn injuries in the incident. 

Among the victims, 25 have been admitted to the Hetauda Hospital while one who is said to be in critical condition was rushed to Chitwan-based Bharatpur Hospital, according to District Police Office Makwanpur's Deputy Superintendent of Police Bamdev Gautam. Others are receiving treatment at the local health institutions.

Police said 10 office employees including its chief Ajay Kumar Rawat have sustained injuries in the accident. Further details of the damage caused by the fire are awaited. RSS 

 


Leave A Comment