One dies, 10 sick after consuming wild mushroom

Published On: June 9, 2019 02:11 PM NPT By: Mukti Prasad Nyaupane

PALPA, June 9: A girl has died and 10 others have fallen sick at Sarkidanda of Jhiruwas in Nisdi rural municipality after consuming wild mushroom. 

The victim has been identified as nine-year-old Nirmala Singh Thakuri. She died while undergoing treatment at the Purano Medical College in Chitwan. Chief of Palpa District Police Bishwamani Pokharel, said the girl died and nine more people have fallen sick after eating the poisonous wild mushroom.

Four years old Bishnu Shingh Thakuri is undergoing treatment at ICU. According to police authorities, after having the wild mushroom three families of the same locality fallen sick last night.

Those who have fallen sick include four-year-old Bishnu Singh Thakuri; 45-year-old Puran Khamcha; his wife Chandra Khamcha, 40; their daughter Nirmala Khamcha, 15; Prem Bahadur Singh Thakuri, 81; Daan Kumari Singh, 30; seven-year-old Suman Singh; Dhan Kumari Singh and Niruta Singh Thakuri.

The patients are members of four separate families and are undergoing treatment at Madhyabindu Hospital in Nawalpur. They had consumed the wild mushroom on Friday evening, Police said some of the patients are in critical condition.

Leave A Comment