42 pc of domestic air passengers vaccinated or COVID-recovered, shows a Buddha Air Survey

Published On: July 14, 2021 10:55 AM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

KATHMANDU, July 14: Approximately 42 percent of the passengers are naturally immune through vaccination or by fighting COVID-19, according to a survey carried out by Buddha Air after the resumption of domestic flights.

More than 24,000 passengers participated in the survey conducted at all its destinations in a two-week period and the company said that it is still ongoing. The number of people vaccinated in the survey is on the rise.

A recent survey conducted by Buddha Air of the 24,093 participants, who took the airline’s flight to 15 different destinations, around 60 percent of the passengers were awaiting vaccine on the assigned date. Similarly, 9,668 passengers were fully and partially vaccinated with the first and the second dose marking 40 percent of the participants.

According to the company, “14,135 people among the total participants were never infected by the virus that makes 98 percent of entire participants marking the remaining 2 percent successfully recovered from the disease that can be considered as temporarily immune after infection.”

The company said that all its staffers have already been vaccinated against COVID-19. 


Leave A Comment