DHADING, March 3: Sixteen people fell ill after attending a feast organized in the locality of Jyamrung-7 in Dhading district on Wednesday.
The bratabandha ceremony was organized at the house of Suresh Baayalkoti. According to a neighbor, Mithi Bayalkoti, the family members were ill a day before the function while relatives and neighbors were affected after the feast. Symptoms like headache, stomachache, diarrhea and vomiting were seen among the family members.
“After we ate the food during the feast, even we suffered the same fate,” said Mithi. At first, the locals hesitated to seek medical help but when their health condition deteriorated they reached hospital seeking treatment.
Superintendent of the District Hospital, Dhading, Rashila Amatya, informed that the illness might be due to food poisoning. All the patients have been admitted to the District Hospital. But unfortunately, the hospital does not have sufficient beds to accommodate so many patients. Hence, the patients are forced to stay on the floor to receive treatment.