Published On: July 31, 2022 02:47 PM NPT By: Republica | @RepublicaNepal
KATHMANDU, July 31: A 32-year-old youth who was bitten by a snake has died due to the lack of intensive ventilator treatment. Yuvraj Shrestha, who lived in Sindhuli and was running a private school in Bardibas-4 Maisthan, died after being bitten by a snake on Saturday night as he did not receive intensive ventilator treatment, family members said.
Shrestha was the founding principal of Maisthan Public School. The family brought him to the snakebite treatment clinic at Bardibas-3, Gouridanda as soon as they discovered the snake bite around midnight. Shrestha, who was in a serious condition, was transferred to Janakpur after the center's technicians assessed that he required urgent ventilator treatment.
Shrestha, who was sleeping without a mosquito net, was bitten in the neck by a snake that fell from the roof of the house. The doctors of Janakpur Provincial Hospital declared Shrestha dead.
"After the incident of snakebite, there would have been a hope of life if we had received intensive ventilator treatment in Bardibas," says Krishna Devkota, chairman of the Board of Directors of Snakebite Treatment Center Bardibas-3. Gouridanda. Devkota complains that even though the demand for this facility has been made several times to Bardibas Municipality leadership and the ministry, no one has shown any interest. Three people have died within a month without receiving intensive treatment, including the latest incident in the Bardibas area, where snakebite incidents often occur.
Leave A Comment