Fire guts goods worth Rs 300,000 in Surkhet

Published On: January 10, 2022 03:45 PM NPT By: Republica  | @RepublicaNepal

Birendranagar, Jan 10: Goods worth Rs 300,000 were damaged in a fire at Eager Breeze Boarding School of Birendranagar Municipality-10, Surkhet.

According to Madhav Prasad Shrestha, spokesperson for the Karnali Province Police Office, Surkhet, the fire broke out in the kitchen of the hostel on the ground floor when the kitchen staff were checking a newly-bought LPG Gas cylinder.

He said that the fire has damaged utensils, furniture and rations. Despite the fire being brought under control with the help of police, locals and fire brigade, goods worth Rs 300,000 were damaged.

Similarly, a fire broke out in the house of Suraj Shahi, a resident of Humla Pius in Kharpunath Rural Municipality-1 on Sunday, destroying two rooms, and killing a cow and seven chickens, according to the Karnali Province Police Office.


Leave A Comment