BHARATPUR, Nov 28: Two children died in a fire at the house of Jit Bahadur Rumba in Rapti Municipality Ward No. 1 Mainatar, Chitwan on Saturday. The deceased have been identified as Suraj, 3, grandson and Manisa Tamang, 3, granddaughter of Rumba from his daughter's side, according to the District Police Office, Chitwan.
The fire completely destroyed clothes, food and utensils in the house. Spokesperson for the District Police Office Chitwan and Deputy Superintendent of Police Narahari Adhikari said that the fire broke out when there was no guardian in the house. The fire is believed to have been caused by a solar battery short circuit.
Although the incident took place on Saturday, the incident was reported only on Sunday as it is a remote hilly area, according to the police. The bodies of the deceased have been sent to Bharatpur Hospital for autopsy.