1. Federal Democratic Nepal is an independent, sovereign and indivisible country. It is the duty of each Nepali citizen to safeguard the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Nepal.
2. We strongly believe that achievement of various objectives including political, social and economic should be made through peace and democratic means. We have agreed to resolve dissatisfaction seen in different places including in Tarai-Madhes through democratic means based on people's mandate in line with the spirit of the sovereignty vested in the hands of people in Nepal's constitution.
3. We firmly believe that there can be differences in a democracy, but the state, political parties and ordinary people should be tolerant toward them and such differences should also be resolved through democratic process.
4. Social justice, equality and goodwill is our common objective. We are committed to making people of Tarai-Madhes and other parts empowered in terms of political, economic and social rights and expedite rapid development of Tarai-Madhes as well as the entire country. Similarly, we are committed to assimilating the constitutionally guaranteed sovereign rights, autonomy and self-governance of Nepali people and move toward equality and socialism while maintaining good governance across the country including in Tarai-Madhes.
5. All politically-motivated cases including cases of sedition filed against the leaders and activists of the Alliance for Independent Madhes will be withdrawn and all those in detention and in prisons will be released unconditionally.
6. The government will not take punitive action based on the books, posters/pamphlets, declaration, songs, maps, slogans, flags, web materials, among other things, prepared and distributed earlier by the Alliance for Independent Madhes. From now on, no publicity materials that go against the spirit of this agreement and the constitutional arrangements will be prepared and distributed.
7. The leaders and cadres of the Alliance for Independent Madhes will be allowed to freely exercise the constitutionally guaranteed rights to settle within Nepal, involve in livelihood activities, open organization or political parties or engage in mainstream politics in future and the state will not take any actions for carrying out such activities.
8. The government will provide appropriate compensation as well as employment to one member of the family of Banke district convener of Alliance for Independent Madhes Ram Manohar Yadav, who died in police detention on August 31, 2018.
9. The government will take responsibility of providing treatment to those injured in the course of the protests organized by the Alliance for Independent Madhes.
10. We have agreed to utilize the knowledge, skills and capacity of the leaders and cadres of the Alliance for Independent Madhes for peaceful and democratic development and happiness of people of the country including those living in the Tarai-Madhes and treat the Alliance for Independent Madhes as a democratic political force on behalf of the government.
11. This agreement will be effective from today itself.
Signed Representative of Nepal Government
Hon. Ram Bahadur Thapa
March 8, 2019
Representative of Alliance for Independent Madhes
Chandrakant (CK) Raut
March 8, 2019